Cosma International IT Application Administrator, Sharepoint Services (m/f) in Graz, Austria
Magna Internationalis one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world – We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees. Magna Global IT is a provider of reliable and innovative IT solutions to assist Magna in succeeding globally.
Administer Magna's global SharePoint farms and provide application support for all Solutions department applications and systems. Support the Solutions department in the identification, troubleshooting and resolution of issues with a focus of minimizing repeat issues through permanent solutions, training and documentation.
The role will also ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operations of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The System Administrator will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT system Investments.
- Knowledgeable of the differences between areas, sites, site collections, workspaces, web parts, document libraries, and list as they relate to SharePoint and know when and how to use them all effectively
- Administer the SharePoint server farms globally to ensure uptime, security, reliability and disaster recovery
- May guide, support and coach local, on site and remote users on SharePoint functions and use
- Review SharePoint patches and services packs and schedule their implementation in production after testing in DEV and UAT
- Define and implement a communication plan along functional owners, Business Analysts, Developers and DBAs when scheduling code changes or solution deployments in UAT and production
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Work with systems and databases administrators to implement storage architectures that utilize industry best practice
- Evaluate and recommend new SharePoint technologies and products
- Work with the helpdesk and other members of the Solutions group to identify and resolve application issues
- Other duties as assigned by members of the Magna IT management team
Knowledge and Education
- Completion of community college or degree from recognized IT program or equivalent work experience
- An in-depth understanding of and experience with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, Internet Information Services, Microsoft SQL Server, ASP.Net applications
- 5 to less than 7 years of work related experience
Skills and Competencies
- A passion and vision for technology
- High level of initiative
- Creative/innovative thinker
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills
- Proven experience conducting research into emerging technologies, trends, standards and products
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong technical and business knowledge
- Knowledge of hardware and software lead balancers
- Profound English and German communication skills
For dedicated and motivated employees we offer an interesting and diversified job within a dynamic team together with the individual and functional development in a professional environment of a global acting business. Fair treatment and a sense of responsibility towards employees are the principle of the Magna culture. We strive to offer an inspiring and motivating work Environment.
Regular overnight travel 10-25% of the time
The annual remuneration package for this position is a minimum of EUR 50.000,-. We offer attractive benefits (e.g. employee profit participation program) and a salary which is in line with market conditions depending on your skills and experience.
Group: Magna Global IT
Division: Magna IT Austria (Graz)
Job Type: Regular