General Electric Technical Sales Specialist Life Sciences f/m Central Zone in Various, Austria
The EMEA BioProcess HW Modality team is looking for a Sales Development Manager (SDM), acting as a technical sales specialist for GE Healthcare Life Sciences downstream equipment and solutions, such as chromatography, filtration, oligonucleotide and automation products. The territory may be tailored towards the applicant’s background and location but includes one or two of Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
• Drive Design-In and activities for our HW solutions to identify new opportunities and close deals to develop sales short and long term, through having and providing deeper knowledge of the HW portfolio, both from a technical & an application aspect.
• Generating proposals, preparing sales quotations, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating standard and custom equipment capabilities to win the deal, as well as actively monitoring and ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the manufacturing and installation phase until the project is completely closed.
• Achieve annual and quarterly revenue targets through accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting, by prioritizing selling time to generate sales volume, achieve account penetration and complete territory coverage
• Plan mid to long term activities addressing customer projects and proactively inform customers about our HW solutions to build the ‘funnel’, in collaboration with account managers, other specialists and marketing. Give feedback on trends & competitor activities to marketing & product management
• Work with account managers and regional marketing to organise seminars, user days, product training, new product introductions etc. and support these events with HW specific presentations, and technical know-how. Make sure marketing activities and portfolio leads are followed up.
• Having at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and in-depth technical experience of BioProcess manufacturing equipment and good knowledge of the requirements and challenges of the Biomanufacturing industry. Ideally also a good knowledge of the GEHC Life Science equipment portfolio and/or previous high-end capital equipment sales experience. Having demonstrated strategic selling skills including customer presentations, price quoting, product demonstration, negotiation, closing and growing a sales territory is desirable.
• High level presentation and interpersonal skills; having clear customer focus and being able to communicate and present ideas to customers in a way that results in understanding and impact to build effective customer relationships at all levels within an organization.
• Strong written and verbal communication and clear thinking skills with the ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages and to develop financially sound sales solutions.
• Fluency in English language, verbally and in writing, as well as at least one of the local languages
• Willingness to travel within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays depending on geography and business needs as well as to sales meetings and tradeshows
Locations: Austria, Germany, Switzerland; Germany, Austria, Switzerland
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.