Danaher Corporation Product Manager Nanotechnology (f/m) in Vienna, Austria
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division.
- Manage the product life cycle for assigned products within the Biological portfolio
- Project management of internal efforts required for product commercialization, including interfacing with Quality Management Systems, R&D, and related roles
- Organize and drive activities cross functionally related to global product launch, including developing positioning, sales training, pricing and collateral development to ensure product launch execution
- Interact with key internal and external customers globally to understand problems, obtain feedback on new and existing products, and identify solutions
- Specify market requirements from all major geographic regions supported by on-going market research with customers and non-customers
- Own the marketing specifications and responsibility that the balance between competitiveness and achievability is maintained to ensure the future sales performance of the products
- Own pricing and discounting structure and coordinate with Sales Operations
- Estimate market size, segmentation and target market definition to drive a long term product roadmap for both new and existing products, globally
- Present business cases to leadership team, VP and President for new product development
- Monitors financial performance of the (revenue, profitability) market, and establishes KPI’s for the product line’s financial performance and develops countermeasures when performance is not met
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required. PhD or MBA is preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in research / sample preparation of biological samples Strong knowledge of EM and EM sample preparation with cryo methods
- Experience in product management, marketing preferred
- Ability to translate needs into products.
- Proficient in English and German (spoken & written), other languages (is a plus)
- Proven ability to influence decisions across all levels of an organization, including executive level
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities and changing business needs.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science and technology innovator committed to helping its customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world. Its family of world class brands have leadership positions in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including health care, environmental and industrial. With more than 20 operating companies, Danaher’s globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System. For more information please visitwww.danaher.com.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Marketing
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Austria-Vienna (Wien)-Vienna
Req ID: NAN000025