Medtronic Senior Medical Science Advisor Obesity, Metabolic Health & Upper Gastrointestinal diseases Western Europe (m/f) in Austria
Senior Medical Science Advisor Obesity, Metabolic Health & Upper Gastrointestinal diseases Western Europe (m/f)
Jul 13, 2017
The Senior Medical Advisoridentifies clinical evidence gaps and supports the Medical Director Obesity, Metabolic Health Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases (OMUGI) and the EMEA Clinical Affairs Director in the development and implementation of the Western Europe MITG clinical research strategy and programmes.
You serve as an expert resource on Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases products’ medical-scientific/clinical evidence for the Commercial organization and other internal stakeholders including: Clinical Affairs, Health Economics, Policy and Reimbursement, Marketing and Marketing Communications, Research and Technology Development, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Governmental Affairs, Sales Management and Sales Training , Business Development and Licensing, Integrated Hospital Solution
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Medical Affairs Department stands for integrity through unbiased, objective and balanced medical-scientific dialogues on a peer-to-peer level with the medical community in general and key thought leaders (physicians/scientists) in particular.
Under the leadership of the Medical Director Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases (OMUGI) You areresponsible for the implementation of the medical-scientific activities in the fields of:
· Metabolic Diseases
· Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WESTERN EUROPEAN MEDICAL-SCIENTIFIC PROGRAMMES RELATED TO MARKET ACCESS AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT
In very close collaboration with the country/region Commercial organizations Youlead the execution of the medical-scientific strategy and programmes defined by the Medical Director OMUGI in very close collaboration with the relevant MITG Business Units Western Europe.
2. EXECUTION OF THE WESTERN EUROPEAN THOUGHT LEADER STRATEGY AND PROGRAMMES
Youserve as a liaison between Medtronic MITG Western Europe and thought leaders by:
· Identifying thought leaders, other health care professional experts, medical professional associations as well as centers of excellence in Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases and engaging with them in a continuous and regular exchange of medical-scientific information and thoughts.
· Collaborating with key thought leaders in the development and implementation of medical-scientific activities such as: medical symposia, clinical study group meetings, think tank meetings, advisory board meetings, research conferences, etc.
3. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE WESTERN EUROPEAN MEDICAL-SCIENTIFIC COMMUNICATION PROGRAMMES
Youserve as a peer-to-peer medical-scientific information source for physicians, researchers and other health care professionals through the dissemination of medical-scientific/clinical evidence related to the Western Europe OMUGI MITG portfolio. This will be achieved through regular contacts with healthcare professionals and the implementation of the programmes mentioned in the section above.
In order to stay abreast with the latest developments in the medical field related to the Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases Youcontinuously review the current medical-scientific literature, attends key medical-scientific conventions, is in permanent contact with Global MITG Medical Affairs and the Scientific and Marketing Communications teams and participates in corporate training programmes and academic preceptorships.
4. EXECUTION OF THE WESTERN EUROPEAN OBESITY, METABOLIC DISEASES AND UPPER GASTROINTESTINAL DISEASES HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND EDUCATION STRATEGY AND PROGRAMMES
Yousupport the Commercial organization in the development and planning of health care professional training and education programmes, including specific curricula and modules. You areresponsible for developing the fiscal year calendar of health care professional training and education events for the specific disease area. This will include: agenda of event with clearly defined educational objectives and health care professional selection criteria.
5. WESTERN EUROPEAN CLINICAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND PROGRAMMES
Yousupport the EMEA Clinical Affairs team by providing medical-scientific expertise, by assisting in the identification of potential highest quality study centers and by being a key contact for researchers.
You arein permanent exchange of information with the Clinical Affairs Team EMEA concerning the different stages of Obesity, Metabolic Diseases and Upper Gastrointestinal Diseases related clinical trials.
6. REGULATIONS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Youensure that all Medical Affairs applicable regulations, policies, and procedures are adhered to.
Qualifications and Competencies
· Medical/scientific background (MD, PharmD, or PhD) with ideally 5 years of experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device Industry.
· Marketing and/or Sales experience is of advantage
· Proven understanding of the medical device or pharmaceutical arena and European healthcare systems’ specifics
· Proven ability to implement medical-scientific action plans (including the organization, management and implementation of HCP training and education programmes)
· Excellent organizational and project management skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Capability to understand, interpret, and communicate complex scientific information
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English.
· Any other European language is an advantage.
OTHER COMPETENCES AND PERSONAL VALUES
§ Highest level of integrity
§ Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in and lead cross-functional teams
§ Customer focus
§ Drive for results
§ Informal leadership
§ Creative problem solving
§ Cross-cultural respect
§ Willingness to travel