Danaher Corporation Chief Engineer Bio Production Development in Wals, Austria
Danaher Company Description
Molecular Devices, LLC creates innovative, high-quality bioanalysis solutions that increase our customers’ productivity. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for systems, consumables, software, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery. Our core values are critical elements of our past and future success -- The best team wins. Customers talk, we listen. Continuous improvement is our way of life. Leading edge innovation defines our future. We compete for shareholders.
Chief Engineer “Bio Production Development” is leading future product development – working within the PDV leadership team in a multi-disciplinary way. The Chief Engineer “Bio Production Development” is coordinating projects with other PDV director – including the PDV director for software – and all project leads in PDV worldwide. Some project leads may report directly to the chief engineer for “Bio Production Development”. The chief engineer for “Bio Production Development” is expected to manage key projects personally.
The main job purpose is to coordinate BPD technology on all MolDev platforms globally and drive innovation in concerning BPD and coordinate with software development. The secondary purpose is to take care of other technologies needed we don’t have available so far (e.g. liquid handling).
Chief engineer Bio Production Development is a hands-on job for a proven BPD expert, who is able and willing to
Organize and personally participate in verification and validation
Act as a project manager for important BPD projects directly
Make himself and the organization familiar with new and different technologies.
The successful candidate will be expected to understand and develop and create world-class technologies, applications, techniques and procedures.
Key Responsibilities and Authorities:
• To work cross functionally to innovate, conceptualize and design prototype systems that provide solutions to customer needs.
• To explore new technologies applied on new development projects to optimize customer and organizational benefit
• To support existing product development projects with cutting edge engineering solutions to solve technical challenges, with particular focus on BPD systems.
• Act as a technical leader in BPD – including project management for key projects
• Lead in a global – cross functional environment
• Motivate and develop new employees to become future experts and leaders
• At least a master’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Optical Engineering, Physics or closely related discipline would be essential.
• A PhD in a BPD relevant biology discipline and a minimum bachelor degree in engineering would be a viable alternative.
• Must be a proven leader in developing complex products (with imaging, fluorescence detection, liquid handling and robotics) as a technical leader
• Proven track record of innovation within an engineering Research and Development environment.
• Knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering design principles and best practices in one or more of the areas of robotics, laboratory equipment, imaging systems and high precision motion control.
• Ability to design, build and test prototypes, used for both market and technical evaluation in a rapid development environment.
• Demonstrable experience of taking complex laboratory equipment or systems from concept through to full product development.
• Know how in cell line development and Biologics – at a minimum to be able to be a translator between biology and engineering.
• Customer insight and demonstrable ability to translate customer requirements into practical technical solutions.
• Ability to utilize internal and external resources, networks and business partnerships to achieve rapid and efficient technology adoption.
• Clear understanding of intellectual property procedures and inventor of patents used on commercial products.
• Pays attention to the details required in a validation compliant design and development environment, required for regulated market customers.
• Ability to define software requirements needed to make the a BPD system work as expected by customers
• Has a network of external experts and potential customers – being able to verify CCD input and bring CCD to a more detailed level if needed
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Takes responsibility for own personal development and knowledge about the market and competition.
• Aware of Health and Safety and conducts self in a way that does not put him/herself or any other person at risk.
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of optical systems for cellular imaging equipment and BR detection systems
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of liquid handling and dispensing systems – general purpose and for handling of cells
• Proven capability to well work together with product managers who may not have greatest technical knowledge in engineering
• Detailed knowledge of opto- and electro-mechanical design theory and practical design principles.
• Ability to use prototyping and design simulation tools and perform computational analysis against design requirements. (e.g. Zemax, NI Labview, MATLAB)
• Highly effective written and oral communication skills.
• Proven ability to influence others and provide technical leadership in a team environment.
• Proven ability to communicate complex concepts with clarity and influence people at all levels.
• Highly effective IT skills.
• Demonstrable attention to detail and the ability to complete tasks to a consistently high standard
• Highly developed ability to solve complex problems in a methodical and logical way.
Danaher Corporation Overview
The Best Team Wins
• Associates are our most valued assets.
• We’re passionate about retaining, developing and recruiting the best talent available.
• Danaher and its associates win because:
We are Team-Oriented with Involvement by All.
We seek Fact-Based, Root Cause Solutions; not Blame.
We are Accountable for Results, and We Deliver.
We are Non-political and Not Bureaucratic.
We have High Integrity and Respect for Others.
Winning is Fun
Customers Talk, We Listen
• Quality First, ALWAYS!
• We base our strategic plan on the Voice-of-the-Customer.
• Robust, repeatable processes yield superior Quality, Delivery, and Cost that satisfy our
customers beyond their expectations.
Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) is Our Way of Life
• The Danaher Business System IS our culture.
• We aggressively and continuously eliminate waste in every facet of our business processes.
Leading Edge Innovation Defines Our Future
• We continuously apply our creativity to the technologies of products, services, and processes.
• Out-of -the Box ideas, both large and small, add value to our enterprise.
• We accomplish “breakthroughs” through the Policy Deployment process.
We Compete For Shareholders
• Profits are important because they attract and retain loyal shareholders.
• Shareholders secure our future by providing capital for investment and growth.
Organization: Molecular Devices
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: EMEA-Western Europe-Austria-5-Wals
Req ID: MOL001739