Sabre Senior Software QA Engineer in Vienna, Austria
Req ID: 27781
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. Sabre posted $3.2 billion in revenue in 2014 and employs approximately 10,000 people globally through its three business units – Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions.
Flight Plan Manager team develops a comprehensive flight planning solution for the market. This is a mission critical product for Sabre airline business due to its superior cost optimization capabilities. FPM combines complete data support services — notice to airmen (NOTAMS), weather, airport suitability and airspace restrictions — with real-time alerts. The 4-D cost optimization functionality, route, altitude, speed and time are simultaneously analyzed to create an optimal flight path that accounts for fuel costs, CO2 emissions and delays. The solution is used by 30+ airlines including such big players as United Airlines or Turkish Airlines and the customer base is growing each year.
Working in the FPM team will challenge you and help you develop your business, technical and interpersonal skills. You will have an opportunity to cooperate with a young and committed team. The QA team ensures high quality customer experience through systematic application of agile testing practices.
Software QA Engineer
• Participating in a full agile development life cycle, working closely with marketing, delivery and development teams
• Designing, creating, executing and maintaining automated tests and manual tests
• Troubleshooting and isolating issues, finding defects and working with developers to resolve them
• Providing estimates of quality assurance time and effort
• Creating appropriate test data, and builds and maintains regression test suites
• Monitoring test execution, collecting metrics, identifying coverage gaps and applying needed corrections
• Supporting and maintaining test environment
‘Must have’ skills:
• 4+ years of experience in software testing (focus on test automation)
• Programming: C#, NUnit/MBUnit, TestStack.White
• MS SQL language
• JIRA or another bug tracking tool
• Understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Agile/SCRUM methodology)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good English communication skills, written and verbal
• Working in global and distributed teams
‘Nice to have’ skills:
• Good knowledge of test process and testing techniques
• HP ALM or another test management tool
• Experience in flight planning activities (worked as a flight dispatcher or finished a flight planning course)
• Aviation background
• Working in an international environment
• Support of further professional education
We offer an attractive benefits package that is appropriate to your qualifications and experience. You have the possibility to positively influence your yearly income through your individual contribution. Salary payments according the applicable IT collective bargaining agreement, minimum level ST1/Regelstufe at € 2.825 monthly, overpayment depending on experience and skills.
We are looking forward to welcoming you, because we know you will make a great addition to our team. With your abilities. With your questions. And with your application!
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process.
Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn