Sabre Senior Technical Product Manager - Flight Plan Manager team in Vienna, Austria
Req ID: 27461
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Sabre’s software, data, mobile and distribution solutions are used by hundreds of airlines and thousands of hotel properties to manage critical operations, including passenger and guest reservations, revenue management, flight, network and crew management. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. Sabre posted $3.2 billion in revenue in 2014 and employs approximately 10,000 people globally through its three business units – Sabre Travel Network, Sabre Airline Solutions and Sabre Hospitality Solutions.
Technical Product Manager
Sabre is a global travel technology company serving the world’s largest industry — travel and tourism.
Sabre provides software to travel agencies, corporations, travellers, airlines, hotels, car, rail, cruise and tour operator companies.
Flight Plan Manager combines complete data support services — notice to airmen (NOTAMS), weather, airport suitability and airspace restrictions — with real-time alerts, enabling airlines to manage by exception. With the 4-D cost optimization functionality, route, altitude, speed and time are simultaneously analyzed to create an optimal – and compliant with airspace regulations – flight path that accounts for fuel costs, CO2 emissions and delays.
The Flight Plan Manager software development team is responsible for maintenance and the implementation of new features and business requirements. It also provides support for delivery and customer care in troubleshooting productions issues. We are currently looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our team. Within our SCRUM process this person coordinates the work between the product owner and the development team.
• Directly work with a Scrum Team to implement new features or fix bugs
• Translate high level business requirements to actionable Product Backlog Items
• Manage the Product Backlog on behalf of the Product Owner
• Refine details and priorities of Product Backlog Items together with the Team
• Coordinate with upper management product-spanning priorities and directions
• Aviation background
• Experience with flight planning, ideally as a dispatcher in a large, international commercial airline
• Experience with FPM is a plus
• Ability to talk to customers and understand customer needs
• Ability to translate customer needs into user stories
• Excellent command of English, written and verbal
• Ability to coordinate and prioritize work of the whole team
• Technical understanding, logical and analytical thinking
• Interest in learning about technology
• Knowledge of agile software development (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) is a plus
• Ability and willingness to share knowledge (teach the team on aviation and flight planning)
We offer an attractive benefits package that is appropriate to your qualifications and experience. You have the possibility to positively influence your yearly income through your individual contribution. Salary payments according the applicable IT collective bargaining agreement, minimum level ST1/Regelstufe at € 2.825 monthly, overpayment depending on experience and skills.
We are looking forward to welcoming you, because we know, you will make a great addition to our team. With your abilities. With your questions. And with your application!
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as your application progresses. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role will proceed in the selection process.
Join our life community at Sabre by following us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn