Sabre Team Lead UX Designer (Sabre Flight Operations) in Vienna, Austria
Req ID: 31761
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
What happens when you combine technology with travel? Sabre! Did you know that cutting-edge technology is used at Sabre by more than 1 billion people around the globe? Did you know that Sabre processes approximately 85,000 transactions per second for the largest industry in the world - travel and tourism? Now that we have your attention, Sabre is an innovative technology company that leads the travel industry by helping our customers (and employees) succeed. We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team.
Lead UX Designer (Sabre Flight Operations)
Flight Plan Manager, Flight Explorer, and eFlight Manager are the core of Sabre’s Flight Operations software solutions within the Airline Solutions division.
Flight Plan Manager offers best-in-class route and altitude optimization, paired with a high level of automation, allowing airlines to manage by exception. Forecasts and real-time updates of data — notice to airmen (NOTAMS), weather, airspace restrictions, and more — are simultaneously analyzed to create a flight plan which complies with airspace regulations, and which accounts not only for fuel costs, but minimizes total operating costs by also considering the financial impact of delays and overflight fees.
Flight Explorer tracks aircraft locations and visualizes weather and other operational data, empowering operators and dispatchers to proactively address irregular operations or rapidly changing conditions. The integrated display of flight information makes our solution a central part of operational decision-making and planning.
eFlight Manager or eFM is a mobile application designed to run on an Apple iPad or Windows Surface device and is a module of Flight Plan Manager. eFM is used as an integral part of an Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) solution which allows flight crews to replace their legacy flight briefing, which is completely paper based, and help them move towards a digital flight briefing with real-time weather displays and the possibility to receive updates during the flight.
The Flight software development teams are responsible for maintenance and the implementation of new features based on business requirements. They also provide support in troubleshooting production issues for our mission-critical systems. We are currently looking for a hands-on Lead User Experience Designer to join our software development organization.
As a Lead User Experience Designer, you will collaborate with a global team of product managers, technical product managers, customers, and other Sabre-internal UX teams to create our next generation of products with new user experience based on web and mobile technologies. You will create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes of design concepts, interact with end users to test them, and collect their feedback. Your input will shape the visualization of information, and the user workflow in our highly data-driven environment.
• Engage in estimation, planning and product direction.
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency and application of different user experience tools and techniques.
• Collaborate with product managers, technical product manager, and development teams to define user goals and requirements for your product.
• Conduct research to understand the product, the user, business need and market opportunities with your project.
• Create initial design concepts that achieve stated user goals and business objectives.
• Learn, integrate and leverage our enterprise design library, aligning your project work with Sabre’s design standards for usability, accessibility and functionality.
• Produce interactive prototypes aligning with project requirements and internal best practices for software application development.
• Participate in ongoing user research and usability test evaluations.
• 8+ years of related design and prototyping experience
• Experience with designing and developing across multiple form factors (mobile, tablet and desktop)
• Familiarity with design thinking principles and methodologies
• Experience with Axure, Sketch, InVision.
• Experience conducting and/or participating in user research and usability testing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, willing to dig in and get their hands dirty
• Front-end coding experience is a plus
We offer an attractive benefits package that is appropriate to your qualifications and experience. You have the possibility to positively influence your yearly income through your individual contribution. Salary payments according the applicable IT collective bargaining agreement, minimum level ST2 at € 4 006 monthly, overpayment depending on experience and skills.
We are looking forward to welcoming you, because we know, you will make a great addition to our team. With your abilities. With your questions. And with your application!
We will give careful consideration to your application and review your details against the position criteria. You will receive separate notification as we progress your application. Please note that only candidates who meet the minimum requirements will proceed in the selection process. To learn more about the people and culture at Sabre, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Stay connected with Sabre Careers